The condition of the hair corresponds to the general physical and mental health of the people.
Typically, hair fall intensifies as the seasons change. It can be said that this is normal – the body begins to clean more vigorously and old hair falls and healthy hair grows in their place. A serious problem is when hair fall is more aggravated than new hair growth. The causes of hair loss are the most common disorders of the endocrine glands, hereditary causes, hormonal imbalance, malnutrition or elderly hair loss. Recently, more and more young men between the ages of 20 and 30 have very thin hair. Hair dripping is also observed in pregnant women and mothers, stress, injury, anemia, surgery, dandruff, thyroid problems. There are other causes of hair loss, such as wearing hats that impede free access of the air to the scalp, active circulation of the skin and, consequently, insufficient nourishment of the hair.
It can be said that hair fall is not an isolated phenomenon, but a consequence of the overall physical and mental health of man.
The phenomenon of hair loss:
It is estimated that normally a person loses 50 to 100 hairs a day and this does not affect the appearance of our hair. We can talk about hair loss when the fallen hair is much larger and falls off the scalp without much effort. Hair growth is related to the propagation of cells in the bulb, they go up and form the stem. That is why it is very important that the scalp, otherwise the terrain on which the bulb is planted, be healthy and supply the nutrients for the life of the hair.
Hair growth goes through the following phases:
- Anagen phase – this is a phase of continuous cell division and hair growth. This period lasts from 3 to 7 years, with hair growth of approximately 2 millimeters per week. The root produces the hair stem of keratin, the visible part of the hair.
- Catagenic phase – the “reverse development” phase of the hair – the hair follicle shrinks. This period is short than 1-2 weeks, during which the hair stops growing and dying.
- Telogenic phase – the “resting phase”, the hair falls, the follicle is drawn deeper into the skin. The period lasts about 3 months, during which the dead hair remains fixed to the scalp before it falls, a time during which the cells must again go down to the root to begin a new cycle. For its existence, each bulb produces between 20 and 25 hair stalks.
Two types of hair loss are known: effluvium and alopecia.
- Effluvium – the process of hair loss
- Alopecia – the end result of the process of hair loss
One form of local baldness is alopecia areata.
Androgen hair loss is the most common and is thought to have a hereditary predisposition for its occurrence. It is caused by elevated levels of androgen (male) hormones. For men this type of hair loss is manifested by thinning of the hair in the area of the temples, and subsequently oily on the front of the scalp.
There is a long list of products on the market that address the problem of hair loss.
The ALZEDA hair loss phytogel successfully influences the stimulation of hair growth as it contains the following ingredients:
- Latin extract
- Quinine tree extract
- Conifer oil
You may find more information in section “Alzeda – specialized hair products”.
You may find more information in section „Alzeda – specialized hair products“